Football lawmakers will review whether to boost the length of time that a player is assessed for concussion in high level talks next week.
The International Football Association Board (IFAB) will maintain an advisory meeting next Wednesday, October 23, in Zurich with associates such as both British associations as well as FIFA.
1 proposal involves a compulsory 10-minute test, instead of the current assessment, and there is a taskforce very likely to be created to assess its suitability.
No decision was made and IFAB officials have told Sky Sports News that it may takesome time before observable progress has been made due to the complexity of the situation.
Its understood lawmakers want to make sure that time and expertise is dedicated to finding the optimal solution for the game.
Extended treatment was received by manchester United winger Daniel James during Wales 1-1 draw on Sunday night from medics to get a head injury on the pitch.
Wales boss Ryan Giggs stressed concussion protocols had been handed by the 21-year-old.
Giggs said:The physio came but there wasnt any issue. We did all the (concussion) evaluations at half-time and that he was good.
He remained down and was a little streetwise. He told the physiciansI am not moving, Im just sitting . Not to get anyone sent , he was just with his nous.
James added:I think he just caught me in the mind. I didnt get pumped out, fortunately.
UEFA is calling IFAB to present head injury replacements – like those used in rugby union – .
UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin stated that 2021 could introduces a rule allowing substitutions for players who have suffered concussion.
Any law changes will only take place following the annual general assembly in March of IFAB although football administrators have been scheduled to meet in Belfast in December.